JobsJobs are one of the primary, and stablest, ways of earning money on GoneMushing! You can sign up for a new job at the Career Agency. It costs
You can change your job at any time at the career agency for
Daily SalaryEvery day, you can collect your daily salary at the career agency, so don't forget! It might not seem like so much when you start out, but the higher you advance on the career ladder, the larger your paycheck will get.
Job RanksWhen you start a new job, you begin at the lowly rank of 1, but you can raise yourself through the ranks over time! Each time you earn a promotion you net a
It requires more experience for each promotion as you rise through the job ranks. But how much? To help you plan, here are the experience costs for each rank:
|Rank||Experience Required for Promotion|
|Rank 2||2,200 EXP|
|Rank 3||4,400 EXP|
|Rank 4||6,600 EXP|
|Rank 5||8,800 EXP|
|Rank 6||11,000 EXP|
|Rank 7||13,200 EXP|
|Rank 8||15,400 EXP|
|Rank 9||17,600 EXP|
|Rank 10||19,800 EXP|
Managing Your Public BusinessOnce you have a public business, you can click to view and manage it from the Career Agency. There you can set whether or not it is open to the public, what hours it keeps, set its name and description that your customers will see, and manage your prices and the business's size. This is also where you can go to collect the earnings in your till.
Business SizeYour business size determines how many customers you can serve in a day. This number starts quite small, but with some diligence, you can turn your little mom & pop into an empire capable of serving many customers a day. The construction to increase the size of your business costs some gold and EXP each time.
Job UpgradesIt becomes more expensive, and requires more experience, to expand your business as it grows larger. But how much? To help you plan, here are the costs to expand your business up to size 30:
|Business Size||Cost Per Upgrade|
|Size 2||1,000 EXP & $200|
|Size 3||1,500 EXP & $300|
|Size 4||2,000 EXP & $400|
|Size 5||2,500 EXP & $500|
|Size 6||3,000 EXP & $600|
|Size 7||3,500 EXP & $700|
|Size 8||4,000 EXP & $800|
|Size 9||4,500 EXP & $900|
|Size 10||5,000 EXP & $1,000|
|Size 11||11,000 EXP & $1,650|
|Size 12||12,000 EXP & $1,800|
|Size 13||13,000 EXP & $1,950|
|Size 14||14,000 EXP & $2,100|
|Size 15||15,000 EXP & $2,250|
|Size 16||16,000 EXP & $2,400|
|Size 17||17,000 EXP & $2,550|
|Size 18||18,000 EXP & $2,700|
|Size 19||19,000 EXP & $2,850|
|Size 20||20,000 EXP & $3,000||Size 21||31,500 EXP & $4,200|
|Size 22||33,000 EXP & $4,400|
|Size 23||34,500 EXP & $4,600|
|Size 24||36,000 EXP & $4,800|
|Size 25||37,500 EXP & $5,000|
|Size 26||39,000 EXP & $5,200|
|Size 27||40,500 EXP & $5,400|
|Size 28||42,000 EXP & $5,600|
|Size 29||43,500 EXP & $5,800|
|Size 30||45,000 EXP & $6,000|
|Beyond Size 30||And so on...|
Job DetailsYou can view more information about each job, including the starting and maximum salaries you can expect to earn, at the Career Info section of the career agency.
- Trainer - You are a professional dog trainer! People bring their dogs to you to work on raising their dogs', or their teams', normal stats to their full potential. You have a better chance of improving dogs' training points than if players train their dogs themselves at the default training area, and the expert help of you and other rank 10 trainers with public training areas is the only way to raise a dog's train ability.
If you have a public training area, customers will use your own training items rather than their own, so you need to make sure to buy lots of each type of training item and keep your inventory well-stocked. If you run out of a particular training item, customers will not be able to train their dogs in that stat until you restock for inventory.Tip: If a user's training area runs out of items, you can gift them the required item to keep using their area immediately!
You will receive better discounts on training items in K-9 Mart as you increase your rank.
- Breeder - You are a professional dog breeder! People go to your breeder's den when they want the best from their litters! You have a better chance of breeding out the Low stat in puppies than the default breeder, and only with your experience and care can players breed larger litters of 4-10 puppies, rather than the default breeder's 2-4 puppies per litter.
You will receive better discounts on the default breeder's services as you increase your rank.
- Veterinarian - You are a highly experienced and respected veterinarian! You are who people rely on for all their sled dogs' medical care. You can perform all the services the default vet can, and you can set your own prices. Like the other jobs, if you are at rank 10, you can use your own veterinary clinic to perform services on your own dogs anytime, for free.
You will receive better discounts on the default veterinarian's services as you increase your rank.
- Behaviorist - You are an expert dog behaviorist! You have the know-how and skills to bring out the best in any dog at your behaviorist's office, making them better team players. You are able to improve any adult dog's personality by a maximum of two levels, and you have a better chance of success than the default behaviorist.
You will receive better discounts on the default behaviorist's services as you increase your rank.
- Craftsman - You are a highly skilled craftsman! You sell sled parts at your craftsman's workshop and your nimble fingers can build and repair any sled in no time at all! You can perform all the services the default craftsman can, and you can set your own prices. In addition, you can repair and build your own sleds with no commission fee!
Customers can bring their own sled parts for you to add to their sled, or they can buy them from you at the prices you set. You need to stock lots of different sled parts in your inventory to do this, so don't forget to check your inventory if you are a rank 10 craftsman.
You will receive better discounts on sled parts at K-9 Mart as you increase your rank.
- Merchant - You are a savvy and resourceful merchant! Your customers rely on you, because they know can find any item your customers need, and you can offer them better prices than K-9 Mart in your merchant's shoppe.
You will receive better discounts on items (besides training items and sled parts) in K-9 Mart as you increase your rank. At rank 10 with a shoppe, you will be able to access the Warehouse, a place where you can buy goods at wholesale prices. At this point, your inventory can now also hold a maximum of 3000 items, rather than the usual 2000 for upgraded accounts or 1000 for normal accounts.Note: The Warehouse restocks every six hours, at 6:00 and 12:00.
Alternate JobsIf you have an upgraded account, when you reach rank 10 in your job you will also have the ability to take on an alternate job. This second job does not have any waiting times attached to it for increasing ranks, costs the same amounts of EXP to level as your first job, offers no salary, but when you reach rank 10 in this alternate job, you can open another business, this time one that is private and can be used only by you. The benefit of this is another free business that is always open to you, so you do not have to rely on the default businesses or wait for other users to open theirs. Merchant cannot be an alternate career, as its benefits are always public. You cannot switch your original (public) and alternate (private) careers.